Research and the New School Year…

 



Research and the New School Year…

The summer has definitely slipped away, and as the new school term begins, I find myself torn. Do I want more free time? More space to study? Or should I take the leap into another research project for the year ahead?

Last year, my amazing organisation, Adult Learning Wales, gave me the chance to explore how writing frames could support learners. That project was a real success, and with the echoes of it still ringing in my ears, I’ve just been asked if I would consider taking on another.

Over the summer, with my husband recovering from vital surgery, I did wonder if I could face stretching myself again. At first, I firmly told myself “no”, reminding myself that my sanity must come first. But with the colder weather creeping in and routine returning, I can feel that familiar pull to say “yes” once more.

When the registration of interest opened, the email from the team felt like a little ray of sunshine through all the rain. I picked up the phone to our research leader, and her trademark positivity, combined with her frank honesty about tutoring challenges, gave me the nudge I needed. Before long, my heart had won out over my hesitations, and I knew I’d put forward another proposal.

The topic itself has been sitting with me all summer. Perhaps, deep down, I had already made the decision, even while I was still trying to convince myself otherwise.

So here it is:

My research proposal — “How AI Affects Teaching and Learning.”
The details will still need refining, but at its core, that is the question I want to explore.

Wish me luck. 🌱✨


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stickers, Police Horses, Inspiring Commissioner and a Spectacularly Broken Umbrella

When Capital Law Serra inspired me...